Please bring the following materials to the March 17 Batik Workshop with Martha Heppard.
- Photo or other inspiration for painting (plan on a relatively simple composition and sketch for your first batik painting) or
- bring sketch of what you want to paint, ready to transfer onto rice paper (Rice Paper size will roughly 12 x 19” and your sketch needs to fit within this with an inch margin around it)
- Watercolor supplies (paints, brushes, water containers)
- Foam board/Masonite board to tape painting onto (needs to be at least 2 inches larger than paper size in each dimension)
- Two old watercolor brushes for wax. One should be small round (about size 1), the other one a larger flat (about a 2, 4 or 6)
- Brown bag lunch, vegetarian/dairy only