Artists are invited to participate in the Mizel Museum’s 2nd annual Gathering Sparks program on Sunday, November 11. This year we draw upon the collaborative synergy of visual arts and music. An art exhibition & sale, plus a live music & photography mash-up by photographer Zion Ozeri and local musicians, together celebrate the light of the winter season.
Location to be determined very shortly!
11:30am Artists arrive to set up your space (we will provide a 6’ table)
1:00–4:30pm Art Exhibition & sale with light hors d’oeuvres
4:30–5:30pm Zion Ozeri and live music performance
5:30–6:00pm Art sale continues
6:00pm Art sale closes, artists pack up
- In order to participate you must be an Artist Member of the Mizel Museum and purchase a Membership+Jury Fee package for $48 (Annual membership is $36 and includes free admission to specified programs, 25-50% discounts on programs and classes and member appreciation events). If you are already a member, your Jury Fee is $18
- All creative (hand-made) items are welcome to enter
- To enter your work for consideration, please send 2-3 jpegs, tiffs, or pdf files that are representative of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cannot email files of your work, please call 303-749-5014 to make other arrangements
- Deadline to enter: October 12, 2012. This is a strict deadline.
- Submissions accepted until October 12, 2012
- We will hold a jury on October 14 to review all submissions and select participating artists. You will be notified by October 22 of your acceptance status
Participation/ Exhibit Guidelines:
- If you are chosen to participate, your participation is guaranteed only when we receive your $48 payment for Jury Fee and your 2012-13 Mizel Museum membership. Full payment is due November 11
- Your guests must purchase tickets for $18/members of the museum; $22/non-members
- The Mizel Museum will provide you with a 6’ table and tablecloth
- You will be responsible for setting up your own displays with your own display materials, pedestals, easels, etc. Should you participate, please showcase your artwork!
- Although it is not required, we recommend that your artwork be priced from $20 – $400
- Sales will be handled by two designated sales representatives from the Mizel Museum
- 15% of all sales will be donated to Mizel Museum for costs of the event
- Sales will NOT take place during the performance out of courtesy to the artist and musicians
Thanks so much!
Curator of Exhibits, Programs & Events
Mizel Museum | 303-749-5014