Artists are invited to participate in the Mizel Museum’s 2nd annual Gathering Sparks program on Sunday, November 11. This year we draw upon the collaborative synergy of visual arts and music. An art exhibition and sale, plus a live music and photography mash-up by photographer Zion Ozeri and local musicians, together celebrate the light of the winter season.
This multi-faceted program will be held at Rodef Shalom, 450 S. Kearney St., Denver, right next to the Mizel Museum, and the day looks like this:
11:30am — Artists arrive to set up your space (we will provide a 6’ table)
1:00–4:30pm — Art Exhibition & sale with light hors d’oeuvres
4:30–5:30pm — Zion Ozeri and live music performance
5:30–6:00pm — Art sale continues
6:00pm — Art sale closes, artists pack up
- In order to participate you must be an Artist Member of the Mizel Museum and purchase a Membership+Jury Fee package for $48 (Annual membership is $36 and includes free admission to specified programs, 25-50% discounts on programs and classes and member appreciation events). If you are already a member, your Jury Fee is $18
- All creative (hand-made) items are welcome to enter
- To enter your work for consideration, please send 2-3 jpegs, tiffs, or pdf files that are representative of your work to email@example.com
- If you cannot email files of your work, please call 303-749-5014 to make other arrangements
- Deadline to enter: October 20, 2012. This is a strict deadline.
- Submissions accepted until October 20, 2012
- We will hold a jury on October 21 to review all submissions and select participating artists. You will be notified by October 22 of your acceptance status
- Participation/ Exhibit Guidelines:
- If you are chosen to participate, your participation is guaranteed only when we receive your $48 payment for Jury Fee and your 2012-13 Mizel Museum membership. Full payment is due November 1
- Your guests must purchase tickets for $18/members of the museum; $20/non-members
- The Mizel Museum will provide you with a 6’ table and tablecloth
- You will be responsible for setting up your own displays with your own display materials, pedestals, easels, etc. Should you participate, please showcase your artwork!
- Although it is not required, we recommend that your artwork be priced from $20 – $400
- Sales will be handled by two designated sales representatives from the Mizel Museum
- 15% of all sales will be donated to Mizel Museum for costs of the event
- Sales will NOT take place during the performance out of courtesy to the artist and musicians
Thanks so much!
Curator of Exhibits, Programs & Events
Mizel Museum | 303-749-5014