Art & Culture in Israel: Off the Beaten Path
October 23-November 2, 2011
The Mizel Museum announces its first travel experience to Israel! Art & Culture in Israel: Off the Beaten Path is a specially crafted art and culture trip lead by an Israeli art curator and consultant. The trip will focus on out-of-the box contemporary art and culture experiences in Israel, including visual arts, dance, music, theater and culinary arts.
Our trip will be led by a renowned Israeli curator/art consultant who will help us experience contemporary art, culture and places that aren’t included in any other cultural tour. We’ll visit private art collections as the personal guests of collectors, and studios of established and emerging artists. Local art scenes will be explored, including concerts, dance and music. We’ll get creative with workshops in printing, glass blowing and ceramics, along with plenty of wine and food in very special locations.
Click HERE to read the complete itinerary and travel details.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
• Visits with curators at the Jaffa Salon of Palestinian Art and illuminated manuscript artist David Moss
• A trip to the new Design Museum in Holon
• Workshops in sculpting in Na LaGa’at, glass blowing in Ein Hod and print-making in Kabri
• Meals with private collectors in their homes and at an artist’s home in Haifa
• Avant-garde dancing in the Negev and experiencing the indie arts scene at Sderot and the Sderot Film Festival
• Overnight stays at Mitzpeh Hayamim Spa Hotel and Jerasulem’s Dan Boutique Hotel
• Tour of the Netiv Halamed Heh Winery, one of Israel’s finest wineries
• Time to explore Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Jaffa, Haifa, Safed, Sderot, the Dead Sea and more
Cultural guide Ayelet Danielle Aldouby is the founder of New-York based ADA Art Consulting and serves as the Art Consultant to New York City’s Downtown Alliance, where she curates public art on construction sites. Aldouby studied Israeli art at Tel Aviv University and she holds a master’s of fine art and gallery administration from the Fashion Institute of Technology. Aldouby is a private curator and consultant for The Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, the America-Israel Friendship League and numerous Israeli cultural institutions.
The cost for the trip, which includes round-trip airfare from Denver and all accommodations, is $5,500. Reservations and a $500 non-refundable deposit are due by August 15, 2011. To receive updates and registration information contact Mizel Museum Curator Georgina Kolber at (303) 749-5014.