DATES AND LOCATIONS:
June 16-20: Dona Laurita Photography & Fine Art Studio, Louisville, CO
June 23-27: Mizel Museum, Denver, CO
TIME: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
This special camp is specifically designed to help middle school girls find and express their own individual path in a fun and personal way through creative arts. Teaching artist Dona Laurita will take these girls on a journey of self-discovery through photography mixed-media art and writing. Visiting artists will join in on the fun, introducing women artists and their lives, and encouraging and inspiring the girls’ self expression.
Girls will get to:
- connect with other girls their age
- feel confident being who they are
- work with photography, writing and other media
- meet with women artists who model confidence and creativity
- create beautiful, meaningful art projects they will treasure forever
This camp is designed for:
- Middle school aged girls 11-14 (age limits are flexible; please call with questions)
- girls who are already confident AND girls who need a little boost to realize how wonderful they are
- girls who love art, writing, photography and crafts
- girls who would benefit from creative and strong female role models (who wouldn’t?!)
About Mizel Museum’s Creative Journeys Summer Camps
Mizel Museum’s Creative Journeys summer day camps engage kids of all backgrounds and interests in meaningful learning through the arts. Led by innovative and nationally acclaimed teaching artists, your children will explore the world around them, engage in critical thinking and participate in exciting hands-on and imaginative activities. See a complete list of 2014 summer camps at the Mizel Museum in Denver.
In the vibrant setting of the Mizel Museum and with low student to teacher ratios, campers will work closely with our teaching artists to explore the arts, make new discoveries and create lasting summer memories. Creative Journeys summer camps celebrate and cultivate the extraordinary capacity of kids to imagine, innovate and investigate new ideas. Kids and parents alike often comment that one week at Creative Journeys is comparable to tons of time in the classroom—and it’s so much fun!
View a complete list of 2014 Summer Camps at the Museum.